You have two dental options: Basic and Comprehensive.
What You Need to Know
- Both plans cover basic care at 85% and major care at 50%
- Both are administrated by United Concordia
- Covered dental expenses must be performed by a licensed dentist (or for some services such as cleanings, performed by a licensed dental hygienist supervised by a dentist)
- The deductibles, coinsurance for oral surgery, orthodontia coverage, and annual maximum are different in both plans
- Orthodontia and dental implants are covered only in the Comprehensive plan
- You may now enroll in dental coverage every year
To encourage good dental health, the plans pay a higher benefit for preventive and diagnostic care, and a lower benefit for restorative services.
Following are brief descriptions of covered services in each category.
- Preventive and Diagnostic Care - Routine exams, cleanings, and bitewing X-rays twice per year; full-mouth X-rays once every three years; surface fluoride treatment.
- Basic Restorative Services - Fillings and extractions; root canal therapy; periodontal care (treatment of gum and tissue disease); inlays, onlays, gold fillings, and crown restoration.
- Major Restorative Services - Dental implants; full or partial removable dentures; fixed bridgework; repair/replacement of dentures/bridgework.
- Oral Surgery - Surgical removal of impacted teeth; dental root resection.