What medical benefits am I eligible for?
Important: This information only pertains to employees, retirees, and their dependents covered by Alcoa's 2015 Choices health care plan.
The Choices health care plan gives you four options for your medical coverage:
What’s the same for each plan
- Each is a PPO (preferred provider organization).
- You can use in-network or out-of-network providers, but you'll pay less using an in-network doctor.
- All plans provide free routine in-network preventive care.
- There are no exclusions for pre-existing conditions (illnesses or injuries that occurred before you were covered by the plan).
- Alcoa's medical plans do not include annual or lifetime maximums, meaning that you never have to worry about a catastrophic illness or injury terminating your coverage.
- how much the plan costs you out of your pay (your pre-tax contribution through payroll deduction)
- the costs you'll pay before the plan starts paying (deductible)
- the amount you'll pay when you use your benefits (coinsurance)
- the most you'll pay in one year if you have serious medical expenses (out-of-pocket maximum)
How to pick the best plan for you and your family
Ask yourself these questions:
- How is my health? What about the health of my covered dependents?
- Are any of us likely to be hospitalized next year?
- Am I paying for more coverage than I need?
- What were my medical bills this year? Are they likely to change next year?
- Which coverage would make me feel most secure financially?