What medical benefits am I eligible for?
Important: This information only pertains to employees, retirees, and their dependents covered by Alcoa’s Choices health care plan.
The Choices health care plan gives you four options for your medical coverage:
What’s the same for each plan
- Each is a PPO (preferred provider organization).
- You can use in-network or out-of-network providers, but you'll pay less using an in-network doctor.
- All plans provide free routine in-network preventive care.
- There are no exclusions for pre-existing conditions (illnesses or injuries that occurred before you were covered by the plan).
- Alcoa's medical plans do not include annual or lifetime maximums, meaning that you never have to worry about a catastrophic illness or injury terminating your coverage.
- how much the plan costs you out of your pay (your pre-tax contribution through payroll deduction)
- the costs you'll pay before the plan starts paying (deductible)
- the amount you'll pay when you use your benefits (coinsurance)
- the most you'll pay in one year if you have serious medical expenses (out-of-pocket maximum)
How to pick the best plan for you and your family
Ask yourself these questions:
- How is my health? What about the health of my covered dependents?
- Are any of us likely to be hospitalized next year?
- Am I paying for more coverage than I need?
- What were my medical bills this year? Are they likely to change next year?
- Which coverage would make me feel most secure financially?