Don't make these retirement planning mistakes
"Knowing what you know now, what would you have done differently to prepare for retirement while you were still working?"
Current retirees responding to this survey question expressed these regrets:
- Not making the most of their employer's 401(k) plan
- Not enrolling in a retirement savings plan early enough
- Not making a financial plan for saving for retirement early enough in their working life
- Not saving the maximum amount allowed
Get ready for your future: Take advantage of the Alcoa Retirement Savings Plan
The Alcoa Retirement Savings Plan helps you build financial security for your retirement. The plan provides an ideal way for you to save and invest for a financially secure future by offering:
- Company contributions: Depending on your work location, Alcoa may match a portion of every pre-tax dollar you contribute, up to 6 percent of eligible earnings. In addition, depending on your work location and when you were hired, Alcoa may contribute a percentage of your eligible earnings, even if you decide not to make your own contributions to the plan. Company contributions are immediately 100% vested.
- Convenience: Your contributions are deducted from your pay, making saving easy.
- Automatic features: You can choose to have your pre-tax savings contribution rate increase automatically or have your portfolio rebalanced.
- Tax savings and tax-deferred growth: Your pre-tax contributions and investment earnings are not taxed until you withdraw them.
- Choice: A wide range of investment options allow you to diversify your savings consistent with your risk preference.
- Investment tools: Numerous online tools help you to make good investment decisions easily.
- Easy to manage: You can use the Your Benefits Resources website or your telephone to track and manage your savings.
- Portability: If you leave Alcoa, your savings and company contributions can go with you.
When you decide to participate in the plan, you are taking an important step toward planning for your future financial needs.